Pages

Friday, March 4, 2016

An Ode to Stickyweeds everywhere

You have bewitched me, body and soul.
Against my better judgement, blah blah blah blah



No, but, for serious.
I have a lot of respect for you. I know for a fact that the odds are generally stacked against you: low sunlight, fluctuating temperatures, and hard, clayey soil. You come from a family of plants that are all extremely hardy, if rude and unnattractive. And yet you seem to have attained an almost incomprehensible level of cute. No, seriously, I consider myself one pretty snooty, “cultured” well-educated aristocrat species-savvy gardner, yet you somehow manage to team up your complex compound leaf arrangement with your nearly tolerable flowerlets to sneak those cutesy green stickypuffs past the radar long enough for them to mature into the nasty little hatebombs of intractable, sock-destroying, garden bed ruination that they truly are.

And so’s your mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment